Augmented Reality is a set of technologies that superimposes digital data and images on the physical world. Though still in its infancy, AR is poised to enter the mainstream and disrupt companies in every industry.
Experienced on all mobile AR platforms – such as ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia, Tango, Lenovo Mirage, OpenCV, and Occipital – HitPoint has deep knowledge of the potential as well as challenges of Augmented Reality.
HitPoint Studios has developed a proprietary AR toolkit – HART - in order to increase the efficiency of content creation across any device. HART, which stands for HitPoint AR Technology, provides native support for manipulating objects in the leading AR/VR platforms, including ARKit, ARCore, Lenovo Mirage, Oculus, Daydream, etc. Using a unified C# interface, HART enables the ultimate flexibility, allowing HitPoint to exploit the best features of each target device while implementing it once across all platforms.
We can’t describe many of our AR projects because they are confidential, but below are a few that have launched. We update this list frequently, so please check back!
- HitPoint developed numerous use cases of AR in retail with Walgreens and Google. Using detailed store scans extracted from Tango hardware, HitPoint determined the most efficient path through the store, and using AR, directed hundreds of customers to the location of the products they requested, displaying relevant virtual coupons along the way.
- HitPoint created a Google Tango, ARKit, and ARCore app to explore the fun factor in “walk around” AR games that integrate physical space and virtual characters into the gameplay. Called Color Blast AR, it was a runner up in the Google Play Indie Festival, 2017, and won two awards from Creative Child Magazine: 2018 Game of the Year (Kids Digital App Games) and 2018 Creative Play of the Year (Kids Creative Apps).
- HitPoint designed an AR “Treasure Hunt” experience with the MGM Casino to engage and retain casino customers.
- HitPoint updated the popular Disney Magic Timer toothbrushing app to include surprising AR character interactions. Work is continuing on this project.
- HitPoint designed a cooperative digital board game for the Universal Kids show, Kody Kapow. It teaches mindfulness and teamwork with an AR mini-game.
Retail wayfinding and promotions
Crayola Color Blaster
MGM Treasure Hunt