Augmented Reality is a set of technologies that superimposes digital data and images on the physical world. Though still in its infancy, AR is poised to enter the mainstream and disrupt companies in every industry. Every business needs to understand how to employ this technology in order to engage customers, train employees, design products, make decisions, manage value chains, and ultimately, compete in the marketplace.
Experienced on all mobile AR platforms – such as ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia, Tango, Lenovo Mirage, OpenCV, and Occipital – HitPoint has deep knowledge of the potential as well as challenges of Augmented Reality.
- HitPoint developed numerous “use cases” of AR in retail, with some of the largest tech and retail entities in the nation. Using detailed store scans extracted from Tango hardware, HitPoint directed hundreds of customers to the specific product they requested, displaying relevant virtual coupons along the way. The customer response surpassed expectations!
- HitPoint created a Google Tango, ARKit, and ARCore app to explore the fun factor in “walk around” AR games that integrate physical space and virtual characters into the gameplay. Called Color Blast AR, it was a runner up in the Google Play Indie Festival, 2017.
- HitPoint designed an AR “Treasure Hunt” experience with the MGM Casino to engage and retain casino customers.
- HitPoint updated the popular Disney Magic Timer toothbrushing app to include surprising AR character interactions.
- HitPoint designed a cooperative digital board game for the Universal Kids show, Kody Kapow. It teaches mindfulness and teamwork with an AR mini-game.