HitPoint's work culture emphasizes open communication and creativity from all members of our team — if you’ve got a great idea, HitPoint Studios wants to hear about it. The HitPoint team is made up of engineers, artists, designers, producers — all who are excited to come into work every day. If you’ve got the drive and talent to excel in your games- or app-development related career, get in touch. HitPoint can help bring you to the next level.
HitPoint Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees competitive compensation, health and dental coverage, employee stock options, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Respond via email email@example.com with a resume and/or portfolio, as well as links to your work. Take some time to tell us a bit about yourself. HitPoint would love to see some examples of relevant work you’ve done for products, games, software, and the like, as well as examples of code you’ve written or art you’ve created.
We are hiring a full time software engineer for a key role in architecting, implementing and maintaining games running on our cloud infrastructure. We’re a small passionate studio with around 20 employees working primarily on Work for Hire projects for big names like Disney, Warner Brothers and Google. We're currently branching into creating real money gambling games in Europe and need a few talented engineers to help us lead the charge.
- Write production ready Go code for our REST servers.
- Write queries for our PostgreSQL databases.
- Work closely with client engineers and designers to implement endpoints.
- Manage tasks and communicate with producers and teammates.
- Experience in a core programming language. C, C++, Java or Go.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience writing RESTful servers.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with source control systems. Git, SVN or Perforce.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working on moderately sized teams.
- Local to Greenfield Ma.
- Bachelor's degree or better in CS or related field.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions, especially MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Experience writing Socket servers.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience managing Kubernetes or other container orchestration.
- Experience with AWS. Especially EKS, DynamoDB, Lambda and Fargate.
- Experience with Golang (https://golang.org/).
About the Role
We are searching for a proven, enthusiastic, UI Artist to join the HitPoint team. The UI Artist will be responsible for taking game art from a brief all the way to the finished product. This will involve: assembling design references and conducting competitor analysis, wireframing and helping define UX flow by working closely with game designers, helping establish the game’s overall visual theme, creating mockups, helping the rest of the team to create and export final UI and 2D assets from Photoshop or Illustrator for use in-engine. The UI Artist will be expected to help provide design feedback and polish along the course of development.
- A strong portfolio of your previous UI designs, ideally showing a range of varying styles.
- An understanding of the current Mobile Games market and its more popular design styles.
- Discerning opinions of what constitutes good UI design — knowing what you like and why.
- The ability to design and create UI assets to a polished, professional standard.
- Professional experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Experience working and communicating closely with Developers.
- An eagerness to learn new design and technical skills.
- Located in the Eastern timezone
- Experience with Unity, particularly its UI system is huge bonus.
- Remote work is possible but ideally in Massachusetts.