HitPoint's work culture emphasizes open communication and creativity from all members of our team — if you’ve got a great idea, HitPoint Studios wants to hear about it. The HitPoint team is made up of engineers, artists, designers, producers — all who are excited to come into work every day. If you’ve got the drive and talent to excel in your games- or app-development related career, get in touch. HitPoint can help bring you to the next level.
HitPoint Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees competitive compensation, health and dental coverage, employee stock options, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Respond via email email@example.com with a resume and/or portfolio, as well as links to your work. Take some time to tell us a bit about yourself. HitPoint would love to see some examples of relevant work you’ve done for products, games, software, and the like, as well as examples of code you’ve written or art you’ve created.
Senior Backend Server Engineer
LuckyPoint is hiring full time software engineers for a key role in architecting, implementing and maintaining our online real money gambling games. We're a small team focused on disrupting the European gambling industry with new and innovative games. A free version of our first game, Hammer of Fortune, is available at the following URL: https://mrgreen.immortalonline.com/HammerOfFortune/live/index.html?mode=fun
- Write production ready Go and Java code for our REST and Socket servers.
- Use PostgreSQL, MongoDB and DynamoDB databases.
- Work closely with client engineers and designers to implement endpoints.
- Manage tasks and communicate with producers and teammates.
- Experience in a core programming language. C, C++, Java or Go.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience writing RESTful servers.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Git.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working on moderately sized teams.
- Local to Greenfield Ma.
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science.
- Experience in the casino space, especially with coding and releasing games in regulated European markets.
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Golang (https://golang.org/).
Technical Project Manager
Casino Line of Business
HitPoint Inc. is seeking a Technical Project Manager to manage the development of its casino gaming platform and a variety of real-money casino games for mobile and land-based casinos. The Technical Project Manager will collaborate with internal team members, third-party contractors, clients and casino operators to oversee the design, development, testing and deployment of games on the studio’s remote gaming server. By utilizing their software development experience, the Technical Project Manager is expected to define project objectives, provide clear production timelines and tasks for the engineering team, oversee quality control throughout development and ensure new features and games are developed on schedule and budget.
The casino line of business at HitPoint is small, but growing, and the Technical Project Manager will report to the CEO in the near term. This is an opportunity to join a small team within the larger HitPoint team that is poised for growth.
Technical Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage game development and platform development projects with internal / external studios of casino games across online, mobile and land-based machines.
- Manage the creation of each project’s schedule, budget, production plan; provide supervision and support through the full product development, including test, certification and release.
- Oversee the development budget for each project and coordinate with the CEO in spotting development needs and on-boarding new development resources.
- Work with both internal and external QA to ensure overall quality is met, within time frames estimated within plan.
- Coordinate with the certification houses to submit games, gather feedback, and ensure required updates are completed.
- Assist in writing game specification documents that detail game development requirements for the team and for external testing and certification teams.
- 2+ years project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience managing a full product from design to launch.
- Experience in developing mobile games and/or real-money casino games.
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence), source control tools.
- Must be able to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Willing to work directly with clients and manage their expectations.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Additional Preferred Skills or Experience
- Experience managing project development budgets (or the willingness to learn).
- Ability to broker schedule and release conflicts between the internal team and external partners.
- Casino industry or game development knowledge a plus, but not required
- BA/BS Degree in relevant field
- Programming experience a plus, but not required.
Other Job Details
- Full time, salaried position.
- Remote work is ok, though ideally able to work on-site at Greenfield, MA office 2 days a week.
- HitPoint Inc offers competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- 401k with match
About the Role
We are searching for a proven, enthusiastic, UI Artist to join the HitPoint team. The UI Artist will be responsible for taking game art from a brief all the way to the finished product. This will involve: assembling design references and conducting competitor analysis, wireframing and helping define UX flow by working closely with game designers, helping establish the game’s overall visual theme, creating mockups, helping the rest of the team to create and export final UI and 2D assets from Photoshop or Illustrator for use in-engine. The UI Artist will be expected to help provide design feedback and polish along the course of development.
- A strong portfolio of your previous UI designs, ideally showing a range of varying styles.
- An understanding of the current Mobile Games market and its more popular design styles.
- Discerning opinions of what constitutes good UI design — knowing what you like and why.
- The ability to design and create UI assets to a polished, professional standard.
- Professional experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Experience working and communicating closely with Developers.
- An eagerness to learn new design and technical skills.
- Located in the Eastern timezone
- Experience with Unity, particularly its UI system is huge bonus.
- Remote work is possible but ideally in Massachusetts.