HitPoint's work culture emphasizes open communication and creativity from all members of our team — if you’ve got a great idea, HitPoint Studios wants to hear about it. The HitPoint team is made up of engineers, artists, designers, producers — all who are excited to come into work every day. If you’ve got the drive and talent to excel in your games- or app-development related career, get in touch. HitPoint can help bring you to the next level.
HitPoint Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full-time employees competitive compensation, health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible work hours, employee stock options, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Respond via email email@example.com with a resume and/or portfolio, as well as links to your work. Take some time to tell us a bit about yourself. HitPoint would love to see some examples of relevant work you’ve done for products, games, software, and the like, as well as examples of code you’ve written or art you’ve created.
Senior Server Engineer
HitPoint Inc. is hiring a senior server engineer with experience in architecting multiplayer games on AWS. We’re looking for a candidate to join a team with two other back end developers and a few front end developers working to bring a new game to multiple platforms including mobile, PC and Switch. Specifically, we're looking for someone with experience in building scalable platforms for games.
- Architect and implement server scalability through AWS and Kubernetes in collaboration with two current team members.
- Write necessary services in golang.
- Perform code review to ensure code is up to a high standard of quality.
- Help manage Kubernetes deploys to minimize bugs and outages on production.
- Experience writing scalable real-time multi-user applications
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with NoSQL, especially MongoDB
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS services, especially EKS
- Experience in C++, Java or Go
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience writing RESTful servers
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Git
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working on moderately sized teams
- Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science
- Experience with Golang (https://golang.org/)
Salary and Benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible work hours and environment
- Remote work is fine
- Flexible PTO
- 401k with match
If interested, please send a copy of your resume with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org